ke nna Celebrates Love Your Body Day!
It the global Love Your Body Day on the 17th October 2012. Be inspired and join the celebration!
Women around the world will be celebrating Love Your Body Day on 17 October. This initiative by The Now Foundation is now in its fifteenth year. Our team has been inspired to celebrate for the whole month.
What motivated us?
The Now Foundation’s Love Your Body Now Campaign advocates a world that we aspire to be a part of. What if we lived in communities where;
- Women and girls feel unashamed, confident and proud.
- There was less stress for women and girls over appearance -- jumping off the beauty treadmill can be freeing, relaxing and even healthier.
- Less money was being spent on beauty products, diet gimmicks, spray tans, cosmetic procedures and the like leading to more money being saved, spent on education, donated to good causes, starting businesses -- areas more likely to produce a positive, long-term return on women's investment.
- There was more time to focus on family, friends, school, work, hobbies, athletics, politics, community, personal fulfilment, spirituality, etc. -- pursuits that are more likely to offer true fulfilment.
- More time was available to build for the future, develop skills that would last.
- We judged each other less, creating a less hostile environment and a better chance of identifying new friends and allies.
- We celebrated all people -- regardless of size, age, skin colour, ethnicity, ability, gender identity, etc. - making for a more productive and harmonious society.
- Everyone wiped out narrow beauty standards, superficial gender stereotypes and the portrayal of women as sexual commodities will help erode sexism in other areas and advancing our goal of full equality for all.
Our bodies are a source of endless stress. What many may dismiss as silly narcissism, we acknowledge as a real problem that needs to be addressed with seriousness. At ke nna we pledge to make a contribution to this end, article by article.
Visit http://loveyourbody.nowfoundation.org for more